HEALING CIRCLES at St. Paul's
The root of the word “healing” is “to make whole.” For some, it is a return to wholeness or a return of hope. For others, it may be a renewed sense of purpose despite difficult circumstances. Drawing support from community in a safe space for listening and processing is at the heart of Healing Circles.
- Healing Circles help us step out of ordinary time into a safe and accepting environment in which to explore our healing.
- With open minds, we work together to discover the best ways to remove obstacles to healing, alleviate suffering and deepen our capacity to heal.
- With open hearts, we access our own inner guidance to understand where the greatest healing – in body, emotions, mind and spirit – can occur.
BiLingual HEaling Art Circles
Healing Art Circles utilize art therapy exercises. The groups focus on a different topic each week, such as grief, loss, emotions, or stress. The sessions are open for anyone to join at any time; each is conducted in Spanish and English. We meet in the Open Heart Studio (S-300).
The groups are co-facilitated by Rev. Nataly Negrete, Fe y Esperanza minister, and Helen Spaw, who holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the College of Santa Fe with an art minor, focusing on art therapy and a masters in art therapy and creativity from New York’s Pratt Institute.
- Divorce Care: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 11:30 am
- Teens: Wednesdays at 4 pm
- Sexual Assault/Abuse Survivors: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays at 11:30 am
- Open to Anyone: Thursdays at 10 am; 1st and 3rd Sundays at 11 am
Healing Circle of Light in the Darkness
Facilitators: Rev. Andrew Wolfe and Ed Halloran
Location: Sanctuary Building, Fellers Room (S-312)
Date and Time: 3 Sundays: 11/26, 12/10, & 12/17, 11:05 am–noon
The holidays are tough on all of us and depressing for many of us. The shopping, crowds, hassles, travel, hosting, sad memories, loved ones lost, unmet expectations, and for a lot of us, family. This Healing Circle will meet during the season of Advent to create a space where whatever is on your heart regarding the holidays can be shared in confidence and heard without judgment, to help shine Christ's light into the darkness you may be feeling. For more information, contact Nina Hall at email@example.com or call 713-527-0528.
HEALING CIRCLE FOR GRIEF & LOSS
A series for those experiencing bereavement from the death of a loved one.For more information about these Healing Circles and how to join one, contact Helen Spaw at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-527-0528.
1st & 3rd Wednesdays, Oct. 4–Dec. 20
6–7:30 pm | Fellers Room (S-312)
Facilitator: Cynthia (Cyd) Thomas
veterans helping veterans
A circle for veterans to find support and encouragement among other veterans. For more information about Veterans Helping Veterans, contact Nina Hall at email@example.com or call 713-527-0528.
Noon–1:30 pm | Youth Center (Sanctuary Building)