Nursery care for infants and toddlers is provided on Sunday mornings while parents attend worship services and Sunday School. Nurseries are located on the 1st floor of the Jones Building.
2-year-olds (by Sept. 1) enjoy stories, songs, art and activities with time for free play in the classroom or on the toddler playground. Take-home Bible story cards are shared during the morning.
Children of any age with special needs are always welcome, and a Special Needs Coordinator helps develop an individual plan for each child.
Child care for all other church events and for Kids Night Out are available by request to email@example.com.
Procedures and Safety
St. Paul’s is committed to providing a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment, and each child’s well-being is our primary concern.
- Check-in: Parents or guardians sign in on the appropriate form for each age. Make a name tag, label all possessions, and indicate any special concerns or dietary restrictions. Leave a cell phone or pager number if desired. Staff will follow parents’ instructions regarding the care and feeding of young children. Severe allergies or other medical conditions can be accommodated with notification.
- Check-out: At pick-up, parents or guardians are required to sign out on the same form. Staff members will provide an information card about each child’s experience.
- To help us provide the best care for each child, please complete the Children’s Ministry Information Form 2015-16.
- St. Paul’s children’s ministries share spaces with St. Paul’s School, a weekday preschool for infants through Kindergarten. St. Paul’s School is accredited by NAEYC and exceeds the rigorous standards for safety and hygiene; church staff members follow the same guidelines for the well-being of all children.
- All volunteers and staff working with children are required to receive Safe Sanctuary training which includes background screening. All childcare and ministry staff members receive annual First Aid and CPR training.
Kids Night Out
Our popular Friday-night program for children 4 months to 5th grade includes a full schedule of games, crafts, play, snacks and supervised activities from 6 to 10:30 p.m. while parents enjoy an evening on their own. The cost is $25/child/night ($5/each additional sibling). A light supper is served around 6:30. During December, this activity becomes Kids Day Out.
Kids Night Out usually occurs twice a month. Watch the worship bulletin and St. Paul's Sunday Newsletter for the dates or contact the children's department.
Kids Night/Day Out is available only for families of St. Paul’s Church and School. Reservations, which are required due to limited space and staff, are accepted for each date up to two weeks in advance. To reserve your child’s place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or make a note on your Sunday worship attendance registration card. For questions or special needs, please contact Ellen Edwards.