St. Paul’s is honored to host the Royal School of Church Music (RSCM) Gulf Coast Training Course for the fifth consecutive summer.
This year’s clinician is Richard Webster, Director of Music and Organist at Trinity Church, Copley Square, Boston. Webster also is Music Director of Chicago’s Bach Week Festival, featuring some of the nation’s most acclaimed musicians. Sought after as a choral clinician, he has led choir courses and workshops across the U.S. plus South Africa and New Zealand.
As a composer and arranger, he completes several commissioned works a year. His hymn arrangements for brass, percussion, organ, and congregation are heard across the English-speaking world, including the CBC’s Christmas and Easter broadcasts and BBC’s “Songs of Praise.”
This is an ambitious year for repertoire, with works by Tomkins, Byrd, Dering, Parry, Purcell, and Vivaldi plus works by Richard Webster himself.
The training course choir would appreciate your support by attending any of these worship services throughout the week sung by them:
- June 15 at 11 am: Sing for Primetimers. Fondren Hall.
- June 15 at 6 pm. Choral Evensong. Christ the King Lutheran Church. 2353 Rice Blvd.
- June 16 at 6 pm. Choral Evensong. St. John the Divine Episcopal Church. 2450 River Oaks Blvd.
- June 17 at 9 pm. Compline. St. Paul’s Labyrinth, weather permitting (Sanctuary if inclement weather.)
- June 18 at 11:05 am. Choral Eucharist. St. Paul’s
For more information about the RSCM Gulf Coast Course, please see www.rscmgulfcoast.org