As the GROW 2nd-5th-graders study "How We Celebrate God's Gift of Jesus," each grade level will assist in the 11:05 am worship service from January 15 to February 5.
In their classrooms, they will read these scriptures that show how God teaches us to live:
- Isaiah's description of the joyous reign of God (Isaiah 9:1-4)
- Micah's famous words about what the Lord requires of us (Micah 6:1-8)
- Isaiah's instructions for sharing God's love through helping others (Isaiah 49:1-7)
- The Beatitudes that Jesus gave his followers (Matthew 5:1-12)
Each grade-level will rotate through workshops with these themes and activities:
- We Worship. Practice with the pastors for the children to get ready to attend and participate in the 11:05 am worship service that same day. (2nd grade January 15, 3rd grade January 22, 4th grade January 29, and 5th grade February 5)
- We Sing. Children will study how the Psalms help us get ready to worship in our church. St. Paul's Music Director/Organist Dr. Paolo Bordignon will talk with all the children on February 5 about music in worship. (J-002) Others are welcome to attend.
- We Pass the Peace. Children will paint and put together a work of art, "Chaos to Peace," and talk about how Jesus showed us to help our world bring God's peace.
- We Pray. Children will explore how prayer through worship helps us experience God's grace and presence. They also will learn The Lord's Prayer.