Children are a vital part of our church family and are always welcome in worship. Nurseries are provided for infants and young children for all worship services, and ushers will be happy to direct you to the Jones Building.
- Children in Worship: Children’s worship bulletins are available in the narthex or from an usher. A leaflet entitled “Children, Welcome to Worship!” explains the parts of the service and encourages discussion at home.
- Advent Devotional Booklet illustrated with art by St. Paul's children.
- Children’s Church: At the 8:30 and 11:05 worship services, young children are invited to meet in the center aisle during the second hymn to be escorted to the Jones Building for "Children's Church" and other activities. At Children’s Church, children learn about worship by participating and leading their own service.
- Children’s Choirs: Children in elementary grades are invited to join attend Wesley Singers (1st & 2nd grades) or St. Paul’s Choristers (3rd grade and older). Both choirs rehearse on Sunday mornings during the school year. Choirs learn about worship and provide musical leadership and outreach throughout the year.
- The Sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion: In the United Methodist Church, the sacraments are a sign of God’s abundant grace and are open to all, regardless of age or level of understanding. Many opportunities are provided for children to grow in their understanding throughout childhood and youth. Baptism is available for infants, children or adults, and children are welcome to share in the feast of Holy Communion. For information about Holy Communion or baptism of infants and children, contact Ellen Edwards. To schedule a baptism, contact Phyllis Brockermeyer.
- Seasonal Worship Services for Children: The seasons of the Christian year are joyfully celebrated in worship services with children serving in leadership roles as musicians, readers, ushers and acolytes. Some highlights include Blessing of the Animals, Las Posadas, Children’s Candlelight Christmas Service, Palm Sunday Processional, and Children’s Good Friday Service.